Before you read these health advices for International travel, be sure to read drinking water tips while you travel.
- As we suggested, drink only bottled water and if it’s not possible, drink boiled water or carbonated drinks. Avoid tap water, fountain drinks, and ice cubes.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use alcohol-based hand gel (with good amount of alcohol in it) to clean your hands.
- Eat only fully cooked food or fruits and vegetables peeled by yourself. Remember to boil it, cook it, peel it.
- If visiting an area where there is risk for malaria, take malaria prevention medication before, during, and after your trip, as directed.
- To avoid biting by insects like mosquitoes or ticks, use insect repellent in the closed places you sit or stay.