The care of teeth and gums begins from childhood. Nutrition for dental health begins from the time the baby is in gestation and begins to form its buccal and dental structures. That is why the mother should include in her diet sources of protein, vitamins C and D, calcium,
Feeding preschoolers and school children recommend 2-3 servings of dairy a day to meet the requirement for calcium and vitamin D, two important nutrients for healthy teeth. It is also important to include daily cereals and grains, fruits, vegetables, protein and healthy fats.
Foods that favor dental health
There are certain foods that favor dental health, including:
- Water. It is the best moisturizer and helps eliminate toxins from our body. It favors a good hydration of the gums and stimulates the production of saliva, which neutralizes the bacteria.
- Cheese. It is rich in calcium and phosphorus, two essential minerals for the health of teeth. The cheese helps to balance the PH of the mouth, rebuilds the dental enamel and stimulates the production of saliva. Include cheese in sandwiches, eggs, salads, with corn tortillas or just.
- Apple. This fruit helps to decrease cavities, as it contains polyphenols, an antioxidant that exerts an anti-bactericidal function. Include apple with peel in the snack of your children. You can put some lemon juice so it does not turn black.
- Celery. To eat a celery stick requires a lot of chewing, which stimulates the production of saliva. Celery helps to clean teeth. Split celery sticks and give them with yogurt dip or dip of chickpeas (humus).
- Green tea. Tea catechins help to kill bacteria in the mouth and thereby decrease tooth decay. Today there are several brands of green sugar-free tea that you can give your children as a drink.
- Kiwi. A kiwi contains six times more vitamin C than an orange, providing more than 100% of the daily requirement for vitamin C. Vitamin C is important for maintaining collagen in the gums and avoiding periodontal disease. It can be included in fruit shakes, salads or By itself at breakfast or snacks.
- Onion. The onion contains anti-bactericidal substances and their effects are better when it is raw. Add onion in salads, ceviche and add a little lemon on top.
- Parsley. Parsley contains a substance called monoterpene that neutralizes bad breath.Inclain it in sauces, salads, pastas, or dishes with chicken, meat or fish.
- Sesame seeds. These help to detach the plaque and rebuild the enamel. They are rich source of calcium, helping to keep the bone around the teeth and gums healthy and strong. It can be consumed in salads, in bread and in Asian dishes.
Sugar and Receding gums cavities
The appearance of caries is due to the production of acids, formed by the fermentation of bacteria from sugars in the mouth. The sugars are distributed in dental plaque where they are metabolized by microorganisms to become acid; This acid reduces the pH of dental plaque and forms cavities. Acids produced by microorganisms leading to the gradual tooth enamel demineralization, followed by rapid destruction of tooth proteins.
Both the amount of sugar and the frequency with which it is consumed are factors that determine the increase of cavities and dental problems, and if the children have a high sugar nutrition they will almost certainly be candidates to develop cavities.
According to the American Dietetic Association, sugar consumption should not exceed 10% of daily calories. That is, if the daily requirement of a child is 1000 calories, 100 calories must come from sugar.
It should be remembered that the high consumption of sugars and calories not only affects the dental health of children, but also increases the risk of overweight, obesity, diabetes, metabolic syndrome, Gum disease, among other diseases.
How to stop receding gums cavities?
Fluoride is a mineral that helps 50% prevent receding gums tooth decay. Fluoride is present in toothpaste, mouthwashes, chewing gum, but also in foods such as seafood, fish, water, tea, gelatine, chicken, fluoride milk, mother's milk, fluoride salt, green vegetables and potatoes.
Some studies have shown that chewing sugarless gum can help decrease the risk of receding gums tooth decay because it stimulates salivation.
It is extremely important that parents care for their children's nutrition and ensure that you also have healthy habits of dental cleaning.
Natures smile Gum Balm for stop receding gums provides successful removal of plaque and strengthens the enamel structure, protecting teeth from rot away, and also has a beneficial effect on the gums and soft tissues of children and adults by protecting against inflammation. Nature smile Gum Balm made of herbal plants excellent to address common problems and re-grow the receding gums naturally.